iCode of Wellesley is a STEAM afterschool and summer camp program that teaches life skills alongside a diverse set of technologies. Using this fun and engaging activities we help children build resilience, problem solving, and team work. We have a very extensive curriculum (400+ hours of instructor-led sessions) that covers a wide spectrum of present day and future looking concepts and topics. The structure and delivery of our curriculum has its foundation rooted in AGILE values and principles, which is an industry standard way of thinking and working. We have a wide variety of technologies including Digital Arts, 3D design, programming languages like JAVA/Python/Scratch, Virtual Reality, Drones, Robotics, Media Arts (Youtube, etc.). We also believe it is critical to teach children the essential life skills that will make them productive in their future careers, no matter what field of endeavor they take on! Our multi-disciplinary approach ensures that children learn Problem Solving and Computational Thinking irrespective of their chosen career.
iCode is an afterschool that differentiates itself by providing:
• Structured Curriculum: Is a structured curriculum that covers a very wide spectrum of topics and concepts that focus on technology and life skills
• Extensive Curriculum: Is a very extensive curriculum that covers a wide spectrum of topics and concepts. With over 400+ hours of instruction and practical activities, there is no dearth of content across a wide spectrum
• Basics to Advanced Curriculum: Starts from the very fundamentals of computer science and technology like what is a keyboard and what is inside the box called a “computer” to very advanced topics like advanced OOP and mobile programming, machine learning and artificial intelligence
• Experienced Educators: Believes that learning can be facilitated only by experienced educators who have had the experience of working in the field of children’s education
• Low Student/Instructor Ratio: Avoid crowded classrooms and keeps the instructor to student ratio on the lower end of the spectrum (1:6).
• Bridge the knowledge Gap: Aims to bridge the knowledge gap between the current and ongoing curriculum and the needs of the 21st century to better position the student for success
• More than just technology: Is not just about technology, but also places an equal emphasis on life skills that mold the student into the professional of the future. By engaging in activities in the program, the students get a chance to practice decision making, time management, collaboration, communication, presentation etc in a safe and judgement free environment.
• Dynamic Curriculum: Keeps the curriculum current based on the latest in technological evolution, so the students are always exposed to the latest and greatest technological landscape and prepare for jobs that may not even be present today
• Immediate Dividends: Helps students perform at a higher level in school with the skills and knowledge gained through project-based learning (PBL)
• Constant Feedback Loop: Believes in having parents constantly engaged in the learning and development process by way of personalized reports for each belt/sprint.
Hours of Operation Mon-Fri: 8:00am – 8:00pm, Sat-Sun – 9:00am – 3:00pm
Age Recommendation 5-18 yrs
Classes: 2 hours a week (twice a week for a hour each visit or 2 hours on a single day)
|Resources:||Academic enrichment (academic classes, tutoring, testing, etc.)|
|Area served:||Wellesley, MA|
Local resource listings are for informational purposes only and do not imply endorsement by TheHomeSchoolMom. (See full terms)