North Dakota Homeschooling Requirements
Homeschooling is regulated at the state level and changes may be made to the relevant statutes at any time. Always consult the actual state code (which is usually online at your state's official website) for the most up to date and accurate legal information with regard to homeschooling. Also keep in mind that interpretations of the code—whether provided by school districts or homeschool groups—can be helpful, but may or may not be an accurate reflection of the law. Always combine interpretations with your own reading of the statute itself.
North Dakota Homeschool Laws
Although we try to keep our links up to date, state laws change regularly. The information at the links provided below may or may not be current. Be sure to verify information with your state homeschool organization(s).
- North Dakota Department of Public Instruction - Home Education
- North Dakota Department of Public Instruction - Home Education Law (NDCC 15.1-23)
- North Dakota Department of Public Instruction - Inoculation Required Before Admission to School Law (NDCC 23-07-17.1)
- North Dakota Department of Public Instruction - Attorney General Opinion 2007-L-03: Home Education Supervision
- North Dakota Department of Public Instruction - Home Education Frequently Asked Questions
- North Dakota Department of Public Instruction - Statement of Intent - Home Education Statutory Requirements (SFN 16909)
- North Dakota Laws Regulating Home Education
- The Law
What you need to know about meeting homeschooling requirements:
Stick to what the law requires. The "Show Me" Letter - Many an uninformed (or informed but overzealous) school administration official has asked local homeschoolers for more documentation than the state homeschool law requires. In The "Show Me" Letter, Shay Seaborne relates her experience with an overzealous official and how knowing the law and being polite but firm is often all it takes to educate local officials. A "must read" for new homeschoolers!
North Dakota HomeschoolingStatewide
Helpful Information, Links & Tips for Homeschoolers in North Dakota [Read more...]