Torchlight is a literature-based, secular curriculum for learners ages 4-13. The curriculum is delivered digitally, with each PDF including daily and weekly lesson plans with prep pages for 36 weeks of instruction. Torchlight also uses specially curated books that can be purchased online, at a local bookstore, or borrowed from your local library. Parents are encouraged to use the free placement tool in selecting the appropriate instruction level before purchasing. A sample week at each level is also available for free. Levels:
- Pre-K: Curiosity & Character ages 4-5: Literature, Poetry, Pre-Literacy, Emotional Intelligence, Math, Science, Art & Inquiry (Note: Pre-K Curriculum is written for 32 weeks)
- Level K Worldly Wisdom ages 5-7: Includes a science component recommended for ages 4-7, Literature, Poetry, Character Building, Science, Social Studies, Art, and Cultural Studies & Cooking
- Level 1 Myth & Magic ages 6-8: Literature, Pantomime Poetry, Vocabulary, History, Mythology, Science, Art & Music
- Level 2 Logic & Legend ages 7-9: Literature, Pantomime Poetry, Vocabulary, History, Mythology, Science, Art & Music
- Level 3 Innovation & Inquiry ages 8-12: Literature, Poetry, Vocabulary, History, Science, Intro. to Writing, Arts & Innovation
- Level 4: Ideas & Identity ages 9-13: Literature, Poetry, Vocabulary, History, Science, Arts, Writing, Philosophy & Game Logic
Website: Torchlight (may contain affiliate links)
Before investing in any homeschooling resources, please read "How to Choose the Best Homeschool Curriculum."
Reviews are solely the opinions of the contributor.
Submit a Review