This is a complete hands-on online science curriculum for homeschoolers taught by Aurora Lipper, a former Mechanical Engineering instructor at Cal Poly University. It is designed to be totally kid-friendly so that you can just point your kids to their next science lesson. The curriculum includes videos, texts, homework, a teleclass featuring the textbook author, parents resources, a means to ask questions of the author and a way to record experiments. The curriculum is available online for a monthly fee, and there are also texts, CDs and numerous science project kits at various price points. Features include:
- Experiments that are designed to use inexpensive commonly available materials so shopping for them is easy. Plus, I always try to use inexpensive stuff so you don’t need to buy all sorts of expensive supplies and equipment. In fact much of what you already have, or it’s free.
- In depth textbook readings for older kids, so you don’t even need to buy a text book
- Exercises and quizzes so you can keep tabs on what your kids are learning
- Live interactive video tele-classes every 2-4 weeks where I’ll introduce each new unit and answer questions.
- All videos are saved online so your kids can do lessons at their own pace. Different kids are at different levels, so you can go through the lessons at any pace that is right for your kids.
They have a downloadable science activity manual with videos that you can try for free.
Before investing in any homeschooling resources, please read "How to Choose the Best Homeschool Curriculum."
Reviews are solely the opinions of the contributor.