TheHomeSchoolMom's local resource listings are sponsored by Time4Learning, where you can find resources, support groups, test prep info, and more.
The 2021 Lamplighter Literary Arts Summer Writing Institute (LLASWI) invites middle and high school students to join a creative ONLINE community that is dedicated to the art and craft of writing. Learn from professional teachers who are also published writers and who are passionate about helping students achieve their potential. Collaborate and connect with peers who share your interests.
In July 2021, we will launch the LLASWI with two-week online workshops in FICTION, POETRY, JOURNALISM, or PLAY/SCREENWRITING; and a one-week ONLINE workshop in CRIME FICTION. We welcome any student entering grades 7 through 12 to dive into our program of individual and group instruction and take advantage of opportunities to expand writing skills and connect with fellow writers. Each day will also offer an Artist Talk, featuring a reading or a discussion of the writer’s life or the publishing industry. These will be given by outside professionals and literary agents.
A few details:
- Classes will be offered in morning OR evening (2.5 hours/day, 25 total synchronous hours) to allow for student writers from just about any time zone to attend.
- Classes will be small (15 or fewer students), and two instructors will lead each workshop, so there will be lots of individual attention.
- The Lamplighter faculty is composed of published writers, journalists, and filmmakers who are also committed educators.
- Informational sessions over Zoom (a couple each month) will be offered
- Contact John Corrigan with questions: JCorrigan@nmhschool.org
|Resources:||Academic enrichment (academic classes, tutoring, testing, etc.)|
|Area served:||Mount Hermon|
|Location:||One Lamplighter Way, Mount Hermon, MA 01354, USA|
Local resource listings are for informational purposes only and do not imply endorsement by TheHomeSchoolMom. (See full terms)
Lamplighter Literary Arts Summer Writing Institute
One Lamplighter Way, Mount Hermon, MA 01354, USA