Modern Curriculum Press offers elementary math, phonics and spelling instruction. Features of the 2005 edition of Modern Curriculum Press Math include:
- Four-step problem solving strategy
- Guided and independent practice
- Real world application
- Word and story problems that "require students to draw upon and integrate multiple skills and strategies to find a solution."
- Clean uncluttered design and simple text-with graphics in black and white.
- Emphasis on the practice of estimation, mental math, and calculator activities.
- Teacher's Manual provides assistance in identifying and remedying common errors.
- Problems to promote algebraic thinking to help prepare students for algebra
- Chapter Tests
Spelling Workout uses a sports theme to give students the tools they need for success. Capitalizing on the close tie between spelling and phonics, the program leads students from simple sound-letter relationships to more complex spelling patterns. The Teacher's Edition provides detailed lesson plans for either a 3-day or 5-day plan.
Modern Curriculum Press Plaid Phonics K-3 incorporates the most current research-based instruction for phonemic awareness and phonics in today's classrooms. Its proven scope and sequence, along with the abundance of practice, review, and application of skills, ensures comprehensive coverage and supports best practices in phonics instruction.
Website: MCP (Modern Curriculum Press) (may contain affiliate links)
Before investing in any homeschooling resources, please read "How to Choose the Best Homeschool Curriculum."
Reviews are solely the opinions of the contributor.
Submit a Review